What are cookies and what are they for
Cookies are pieces of information that can be saved on your device (computer or smartphone) when you browse the Internet. Thanks to cookies, the server sends information every time you return to this site to allow you optimal navigation. In fact, cookies are used to improve your browsing experience and provide information to the site manager on how you are using it in order to obtain statistical data, a usage profile and convey advertising messages in line with your interests. If the user decides to disable cookies, this could influence and/or limit his browsing experience within the Site, for example he might not be able to visit certain sections of a Site or he might not receive personalized information when he visits the site
How do cookies work and how do you delete them?
The operating modes as well as the options to limit or block cookies can be adjusted by changing the settings of your internet browser. The majority of internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically, however the user can change these settings to block cookies or to be warned whenever cookies are sent to his device. There are different ways to manage cookies, for this purpose it is necessary to refer to the instruction manual or to the help screen of your browser to check how to adjust or change the settings of the same. In fact, the user is enabled to change the default configuration and disable cookies (i.e. block them definitively), setting the highest level of protection.
Below is the path to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
Below is an explanatory list.
“Technical” cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Site and allow users to browse the Site and take advantage of its features (for example, they allow memorization of previous actions or allow the user’s session to be saved and/or to carry out other activities strictly necessary for the functioning of the Site). This category also includes “analytical” cookies which help MAINTOWN to understand how users interact with the Sites by providing information relating to the last page visited, the number of sections and pages visited, the time spent on the Sites and each event that has emerged during navigation, such as an error message, and help to understand every difficulty that the user encounters in using the Sites. This information could be associated with user details such as IP address, domain or browser; however, they are analyzed together with information from other users so as not to identify a particular user from another. These cookies are collected and aggregated anonymously and allow MANINTOWN to improve the performance of the Sites.
“Targeting” or “profiling” cookies are used to present content more suited to the user and his interests. They can be used to display targeted advertisements, to publish personalized advertisements based on the user’s interests or to limit the number of times the user views an advertisement. They also help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on the Sites; Manintown may use these cookies to remember the Sites that the user has visited and share this information with third parties, including agencies and advertisers who may use their cookies to collect information about the activities performed by users on the Sites. ” (or social networks) are necessary to allow the user to interact with the Sites through their social account and are used, for example, to express appreciation and to share it with the relative social contacts.
These cookies can be from Manintown or partners, session or persistent, and their use is limited to the performance and improvement of the website. These cookies collect information on how a visitor uses the site, such as the pages visited. These cookies do not collect information that can identify the user. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated anonymously and is only used to improve site functionality.
Some examples include:
- Web Analytics, the data collected is limited only to the use of the website by the operator, to manage the performance and structure of the site. These cookies may be third-party cookies, but the information will only be used by those involved in publishing the website visited;
- Error management — Measurement of errors that arise on the site, usually this function will support the improvement of services or complaints management and will generally be closely related to web analytics;
- Test different site page structures — Testing variations in structure, usually using A/B or multivariable testing, to ensure that a consistent look and feel for the site user is maintained in current and subsequent sessions.
Third party cookies
When a user uses the Sites, some cookies that are not controlled by Manintown may be stored. This happens, for example, if the user visits a page that contains content from a third-party website. Consequently, the user will receive cookies from these third-party services. On third-party cookies Manintown does not have control over the information provided by the cookie and does not have access to such data. This information is fully controlled by third-party companies as described in their respective privacy policies. The table below shows the third-party cookies present on the Manintown site. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the third-party manager and are divided into the following macro-categories:
- Analytical: these are cookies used to collect and analyze statistical information on accesses/visits to the website. In some cases, associated with other information such as the credentials entered for access to restricted areas (your e-mail address and password), they can be used to profile the user (personal habits, visited sites, downloaded content, types of interactions made, etc.).
- Widgets. This category includes all those graphic components of a user interface of a program, which has the purpose of facilitating the user’s interaction with the program itself (by way of example, widgets are cookies from Facebook, Google+, Twitter).
- Advertising. This category includes cookies used to provide advertising services within a site.
If the user does not wish to receive third-party cookies on his device, he can, through the links below, access the information and consent forms of these third parties and exclude their receipt. These cookies are not controlled directly by the Sites, therefore, to revoke the consent it is necessary to refer to the websites of third parties or refer to the website www.youronlinechoices.com/it/ to obtain information on how to delete or manage cookies in based on the browser used and to manage preferences on third-party profiling cookies. To disable analytical cookies and to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on your browsing, you can download the browser add-on for deactivating Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to disable cookies from third party services
- Google services http://bit.ly/1FUvcZi
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies?ref_type=sitefooter
- Twitter http://bit.ly/1eDJltQ
- Manzoni Advertising http://www.manzoniadvertising.it/pages/Cookie_it/2…